Sinful….that’s about sums up the wonderful yumminess in these dessert bars. Typically, Rice Krispies are the cereal of choice in baking….but these use Cheerios. I actually halved the recipe, and my husband said it was a good thing because he would eat waaaayyy too many.
When he tried them the first time, he said we should hide them from the kids. Yea, they are that good.
Peanut Toffee Crunch Bars
1/2 bag toffee bits
1 Tablespoon water
1/2 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup peanuts
2 cups Cheerios
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Line an 8×8 with foil, leaving some to overlap.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, place the toffee bits, water, and 1/4 cup of peanut butter.
3. Microwave on high for about 30 seconds, or until it’s smooth.
4. Stir in the cereal and peanuts.
5. Spread in the 8×8 pan.
6. Microwave the chocolate chips and remaining peanut butter until smooth.
7. Spread the peanut butter/chocolate chip mixture over the cereal bars.
8. Place in refrigerator until firm.