Well, I guess a few days ago it was National Nutella day. How’d I miss that?! I must have been in the spirit anyway because I decided to tweak my mom’s chocolate chip cookie recipe and add some Nutella. These turned out so yummy! I love the combination of oats, chocolate, and peanut butter in my cookies. Add some Nutella, and I am over the moon about them!
Peanut Butter Nutella Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:
1 cup shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup Nutella
1 cup chocolate chips
1. In your mixer, with the paddle attachment, beat the sugars and shortening together until creamy. Add the egg, nutella, and peanut butter and mix well.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Add to the cream mixture.
3. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
4. Shape into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet. Dip a fork in flour, and flatten the cookies in a criss cross pattern.
5. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
What do you have to share today? I can’t wait to see!