Hi! It’s Jilly. I blog over at…Hi! It’s Jilly. I’m so excited that Carrie chose me to be a contributor this year! I can’t even believe it! And, I am super excited to be writing about travel. My husband, 7 year-old triplets (yes, TRIPLETS), and I just moved to New York from Arizona last summer, so we want to soak up as much East Coast action as possible while we are living here!!
Before we moved from Arizona we wanted to sneak in one last trip to Disneyland. We loooove Disney! I know Carrie is a big, ‘ole fan, too. I thought it would be fun to share a few tips to make your trip to Disneyland the best it can be!
First, get your buttons from Town Hall! They have buttons available for your First Visit, Anniversary, Graduation, Birthday, and Honorary Citizen. Why get a button? 1. You get special treatment from all the Cast Members. They call you by name and wish you a Happy Whatever. 2. They are free and make great souvenirs! 3. They can help you get better seats on rides and get chosen for shows, etc.
Clockwise l to r: Happy Anniversary pins, Happy Birthday pin, First Visit pin
Town Hall is on the left hand side right after you go under the bridge, before you head down Main Street.
Second, increase your chances at Jedi Training Academy. A lot of kids, especially the boys, want to try their hand at the Jedi Training Academy. But, not everyone who attends is chosen. Kids- To have a better chance at being chosen to participate:
- Wear your button!! Star Wars or Disney attire is helpful, too. My girls were chosen because they were dressed the same, like “clones”. Ha ha!
- Arrive early and ask the Jedi milling around if you can be chosen. They will tell you that they make no guarantees and it is up to the Jedi Master. But, I’m pretty sure they talk to their Master before the show starts.
- Sit in the front row and enthusiastically raise your hand.
Third, the “less popular” rides are fun, too. Sometimes all the go, go, go from one ride to another and waiting in long lines can make the little people in your group grumpy…and the big people, too! Take a break and check out these great attractions with shorter wait times!
- Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes – paddle a canoe along the Rivers of America.
- Winnie the Pooh – a cute little ride across from Splash Mountain. The wait is never long!
- Mark Twain Riverboat – Relax on the river in this picturesque paddleboat.
- The Tiki Room – watch a fun show with animatronic birds. Get a delicious Pineapple Whip while you’re there!
- Tarzan’s Treehouse – let the kids climb this ultimate treehouse and work out some of their energy.
- Tom Sawyer Island – a great place for kids to run around. You could easily spend an hour or two playing here!
- Disneyland Railroad – hop on the train, see the park, and eat your lunch or snack in peace.
I hope some of these tips help you have a lot of fun on your next trip to Disneyland! Join me here next month as I chat with you about our first ever CRUISE!!! Or, you can visit me over at Hi! It’s Jilly or on Facebook.