I needed something quick to make for church fellowship time this week, and I was in the mood for something fallish and cinnamonish (yes, those are technical terms). I was checking out the Taste of Home website, and saw a recipe for Mini Cinnamon Roll Cookies. Seriously, how could I go wrong? Everything I've made from Taste of Home ends up a keeper, and these are no exception. They really do taste like little cinnamon rolls! I added a little nutmeg, and the house smelled fabulous.
Cinnamon Roll Cookies (adapted from Taste of Home).
1 cup butter, softened.
1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
3 egg yolks
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey, divided
1 t vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon cinnamon
8 oz chopped white baking chocolate
1. Heat the oven to 350 Cream the butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar together on medium speed. Add the egg yolks, 1 tablespoon honey, and vanilla. Mix well.
2. While this is mixing, combine the dry ingredients. Begin adding them slowly to the cream mixture. Mix all well together.
3. Put the dough in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
4. Mix the cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar together. Scoop the dough out by heaping tablespoons and roll into a ball.
5. Roll the ball in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Next, roll the cinnamon/sugar covered ball out into a 6 inch log.
6. Loosely coil the log into a spiral and place on a greased cookie sheet. Repeat this with the rest of the dough.
7. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
8. Allow to cool completely. In a small bowl, melt the white chocolate and 1 teaspoon honey until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.
Linked to: Tasty Tuesday, Crayon Freckles