Hello everyone! Upon returning from any of our Walt Disney World vacations, I always have hundreds, yes literally hundreds of photos to go through. They’re on my phone, my DSLR camera, my small digital point shoot….and they make me so happy! I LOVE capturing our family memories while we are on vacation. Today, I’d like to share with you some of the Best Photography Tips for Your Walt Disney World Vacation. And while we are talking about making Disney memories, did you check out the NEW Disney Discount that is out for summer travel??
- Take a FAMILY picture in front of the park icons. The key here is FAMILY picture. There are MemoryMaker Photographers at the entrances to each park, and I have no shame in handing over my camera for them to take some pictures of the 5 of us when we enter the park. Cinderella’s Castle at Magic Kingdom, Spaceship Earth at EPCOT, the Sorcerer’s Hat at Hollywood Studios, and the Tree of Life at Animal Kingdom provide a classic and perfect backdrop for a great family photo. I love looking back to see how our family has grown and changed over the years, but the background for the pictures stay the same!
- Photograph your child on their level. When interacting with your children, the characters get down on their level. You should too! By getting down on their level, you are shooting them directly, which will give you a better angle in your photo. Shooting from standing up and pointing down isn’t flattering for anyone in a photo, your child included.
- Photograph the signs, attraction decor, and other small details at your resort. I’ve used these for backgrounds in my scrapbooks, or even on letterhead or notecards. Disney adds so many magical touches and details to everything they do, and you’ll want to capture it on camera.
- Hand over the camera. I learned early on, that if I wanted to be in any photographs, I had to hand the camera over. I will give it to the MemoryMaker photographers, complete strangers, and even my kiddos sometimes. It’s my mission during each Disney trip to take many photos that include the 5 of us. I also love taking pictures WITH my children, not just OF my children. We come home with lots of selfies of us enjoying an attraction together!
- Take photos while on the attractions or enjoying the shows. What about the first time your child becomes a Galactic Hero on Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin? Get a shot of that score! Or their absolute enjoyment when looking bright eyed at all the details in the Living Seas with Nemo and Friends, as they swim along in their clam shell. There are so many opportunities right in front of you that you won’t want to miss. Not every picture has to be posed.
- Photograph those “firsts”. We’ve been to Walt Disney World numerous times. But, there’s a first for everything. Enjoying your first Mickey shaped rice krispie treat, your first ride on the monorail, or your first time staying at a Deluxe resort. There are so many firsts, and you’ll want to capture those memories.
Have you visited the Disney parks? If so, what is your FAVORITE photograph from one of your trips? Do you have anything to add to this list?