If you’ve been around My Favorite Finds for long enough, you’ll notice there have been some changes. We’ve gone through blog makeovers, contributors have come and gone, and most recently you’re noticing more travel related posts here! Why? Let me tell you.
Back in August of 2013, I signed on with Destinations in Florida, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, to start the journey as a travel agent. Or, as I like to call myself, a “Vacation Specialist”. Never in my dreams did I think this journey of travel agent would bring me so many blessings and excitement! Sure, I’ve had my struggles, too, but helping people plan fabulous trips to so many destinations has become more than just a job-I totally love it!
One question I get asked a lot is, “Why should I book with a travel agent?” Or, “What can you give me that no one else can?” And my favorite, “What good deals can you find for me?” So today, I want to share with you the Benefits of Using a Travel Agent! These are coming from both a client and travel agent perspective-we had used a TA to book our last Disney trip, because I wanted to see what it was like from the client perspective!
1. Using a travel agent is FREE! How can that be? Well, Disney, as well as other vacation suppliers, pay me. That means there is no cost to you! They work in commission to travel agents into their packages and rates. So if you book directly with a resort, a company like Walt Disney Travel, cruise lines, etc., and you don’t use a travel agent you are paying for something you aren’t getting.
2. Using a travel agent will save you hours of time. Do you want to sit on hold with Walt Disney World for over an hour just to make a small change on your package? Do you want to wake up at 5AM to make your Advance Dining Reservations or schedule those shore excursions? Probably not. But as your travel agent, that’s my job!
3. Using a travel agent should assure you that you are getting the best price possible on your vacation. This involves some trust-after all, you are trusting someone with your family’s vacation plans, your honeymoon, or your first time on a cruise! As your travel agent, it’s my job to be on the lookout for specials, rate changes, and offers that can be applied to your package and save you money! Also on the flip side, it is also my job to encourage you to book in a timely fashion so you don’t lose out on a great deal!
4. Using a travel agent gives you your own personal vacation planner for FREE! As an agent, my goal is to walk alongside of my clients to give them the best vacation for THEM! In the end, I’m not the one traveling, they are. In the case of a Disney vacation, I am in constant contact with Disney until your arrival day, and even when you are on property. I want to make sure everything is running smoothly for you!
5. Using a travel agent gives you access to resources and expertise you won’t find anywhere else. My mind is on travel almost all day long. I’m taking webinars, online sessions, trainings, etc. to better myself and educate myself on so many aspects of travel and destinations. I’ll also be honest with you-if I can’t find the answer, I’ll reach out to other trusted resources and find the answer for you. I’d rather do that, than tell you the wrong answer and you lose trust in me.
Have more questions about using a travel agent? Or a great story to share? I’d love to hear about it!